Our business ethics in the daily conduct with customers, partners and employees are determined by the ten principles in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption of the UN Global Compact Initiative.
1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights.
2: Businesses should make sure they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining.
4: Businesses should uphold the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour.
5: Businesses should uphold the effective abolition of child labour.
6: Businesses should uphold the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges.
8: Businesses should undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility.
9: Businesses should encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
What We Want
We commit to continuously improve environmental protection, avoid unnecessary environmental impact and follow strictly the environmental laws.
We want to manufacture our products without harming the people that manufacture them, avoid hazardous materials wherever possible, use energy responsibly, and minimize our waste.
What We Do
- Having won the first price in the competition "Office & Environment" of the German Environmental Management Association (B.A.U.M.) in 2011, MEN commits itself to environmental protection and considers it a primary company goal. MEN also encourages its employees to participate in the protection of the environment. Effective laws are regarded as minimum requirements.
- We actively avoid waste in nearly paperless offices by optimizing internal processes and document management. Otherwise, we only use recycled paper.
- We shut down devices and systems whenever they are not in use or on weekends.
- We use degradable cleaning agents.
- We reuse our modular office furniture.
- Whenever possible, conferences take place via internet and telephone.
- We prefer the train as a means of public transport for necessary outside appointments.
- Our new third building, which was finished in fall 2011, exceeds the EnEV standard of 2009 for new buildings by 15% in terms of energy efficiency.
- The second SMD line, which was launched in fall 2010, achieves savings of 46% for the major energy users compared to the first SMD line - with the same operating time and a higher output of comparable production parts.
We currently work on strengthening the environmental awareness of our employees in order to be able to define new concrete goals.
Certification and Memberships
- ISO 14001: Since 2003, we have installed an environmental management system according to ISO 14001 including our guidelines for environmental protection.
- B.A.U.M.: MEN is a member of B.A.U.M. e.V. (German Environmental Management Association), supports the manifold endeavors of B.A.U.M. for precautionary, integrated environmental protection through ideas and financing, and has committed itself to putting the code for environmentally aware management developed by B.A.U.M. into practice.
- Umweltpakt Bayern: MEN is a member of Umweltpakt Bayern, an initiative of the German state of Bavaria.
- quer.kraft: MEN is an active member of the Association for Management of Ideas and Innovations of the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg and implements its research approach to reducing the environmental impact of products and their production, also considering the lifetime and the disposal of products.
What We Want
By offering vocational training and opportunities for further education we want to make sure that young, old and socially disadvantaged people have equal chances in their professional life. We want to offer all our employees a safe job within the company. We are proud to be able to contribute to securing the competitiveness of our area (Nuremberg, Germany).
What We Do
- We are a recognized apprenticing company for different occupational fields.
- We offer internships for students or people who want to retrain.
- Students have the opportunity to spend their internship or dissertation semester at our company.
- We cooperate with local training centers for the promotion and support of adult education or socially disadvantaged people.
- We offer our employees a variety of training opportunities. They have the chance to participate in the decision on the extent and content of their training.
We are trying to find an optimal way to support our employees in their personal development and offer them, wherever possible, new career perspectives within our company.
Supported Organizations and Partnerships
- Regarding professional training for job seekers, MEN collaborates with the service provider "bfw - Company for Training".
- MEN cooperates with the vocational training center Nuremberg of the SOS Children's Villages, which is renowned for training and qualifying young people from socially disadvantaged backgrounds.