- Computer cluster based on standard CompactPCI Serial components
- Consisting of 8 sub-clusters with 9 identical CPU cards (1 gateway computer and 8 cluster nodes), 4 GB memory per CPU kernel and 2 redundant PSUs per sub-cluster
- 144 kernels using dual-core Intel Core i7 CPU cards
- or 288 kernels using quad-core Intel Core i7 CPU cards
- Connected via full Ethernet mesh using mezzanine on CPU cards to backplane
- System administration through Network Attached Storage (NAS) units
- 19" system with 20U space requirements
- 3500 Watts power consumption
Standard Components Used in this System
The G20 is a 4HP/3U CompactPCI Serial CPU card supporting USB, SATA, PCI Express and Gigabit Ethernet rear I/O interfaces according to the CPCI-S.0 standard.
The G301 is an unmanaged 3U Gigabit Ethernet switch implemented as a CompactPCI Serial board with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports on RJ45 connectors.
The G501 is a CompactPCI Serial hard disk drive carrier board designed to carry a 2.5" SATA hard disk drive or a solid state drive.