DC1 - Rugged 15" Panel PC
Industrial Display ComputerThis product has been discontinued.
The display computer DC1 is a rugged, fanless and maintenance-free panel PC for harsh, mobile and mission-critical applications in transportation, avionics, medical engineering and industrial automation.
- 15" 4:3 TFT LCD panel
- 1024 x 768 pixels resolution
- Intel Atom processor
- 2 Fast Ethernet, 2 USB
- Wide-range PSU 24 VDC nom. (14.4 to 33.6 V)
- -40 to +85°C operating temperature
- Rugged aluminum enclosure
- Fanless and maintenance-free design
- IP 54compliant (front)
- EN 50155 compliant (railways)
- Windows XP Embedded image (120-day trial version)
- Intel Atom Z530
- 1.6 GHz processor core frequency
- 533 MHz system bus frequency
- Intel system controller hub US15W
- Screen size: 15"
- Resolution: 1024 x 768 (XGA) with aspect ratio 4:3
- Luminance: 450 cd/m²
- Contrast: 700:1 typ.
- Viewing angle: 160°/160° (preferred viewing angle 6 o'clock)
- Backlight with brightness control: 2 CCFL min. 50 000 hours
- Interface: LVDS
- Monitored and controlled by a temperature sensor (display is turned off at extreme temperatures)
- 1GB DDR2 SDRAM system memory
- 533 MHz memory bus frequency
- 4 GB Flash
- All I/O available at bottom of housing
- Invisible from the front
- Recessed within the housing
- Two USB 2.0 host ports
- Accessible via Type A connectors
- UHCI implementation
- Data rates up to 480 Mbit/s
- Two 10/100Base-T Ethernet channels
- Accessible via M12 connectors
- Switch functionality
- 5 binary inputs via mixed 7W2 D-sub power connector
- 1 for key input functionality
- 4 universal inputs, e.g., for geographical addressing
- Isolation voltage: 1500 VDC between isolation groups
- Power consumption: 20 W typ.
- Supply voltage: 24 VDC nom. (14.4 to 33.6 V) according to EN 50155
- Key input functionality
- External power supply: 100..240 VAC in, 24 VDC out
- Dimensions: 360 mm x 284 mm x 55.1 mm
- Weight: 5.2 kg
- Display covered with laminated glass
- Aluminum enclosure
- Prepared for wall mounting
- Front, sides and top protected according to IP54
- Back and bottom protected according to IP21
- Temperature range (operation):
- -30 to +70°C for the display panel (with automatic switch-off of the display at excess temperatures)
- -40°C to 70°C, with up to 85°C for 10 minutes according to class TX (EN 50155), for the computer
- Conductive cooling
- Fanless operation
- Temperature range (storage): -40..+85°C
- Relative humidity (operation): max. 95% non-condensing
- Relative humidity (storage): max. 95% non-condensing
- Altitude: -300 m to + 3000 m
- Shock: according to EN 50155 (10.2.11)
- Vibration: according to EN 50155 (10.2.11)
- PCB manufactured with a flammability rating of 94V-0 by UL recognized manufacturers
- Insulation according to EN 50155 (10.2.9.1)
- Voltage withstand according to EN 50155 (10.2.9.1)
- No edges and burrs
- Temperature gradient between housing and environment smaller than 15°C
- Windows XP Embedded image included (120-day trial version)
- For more information on supported operating system versions and drivers see Software.
- Intel Atom Z530, 1.6 GHz
- Intel Atom Z510, 1.1 GHz
- Secondary display side-by-side or back-to-back with the first via SDVO-to-LVDS converter (same computer)
- Secondary display via SDVO-to-DVI converter for remote operation
- Screen size 12", 15", 17" or 19"
- Other aspect ratios (e.g. 16:10, 15:9)
- Higher resolutions
- Up to 6 USB 2.0 host ports (or 5 host ports and 1 client port)
- If all USBs are used some functions are not available (Serial interface and Flash disk)
- HD audio
- DVI-D for remote display
- Serial interface
- 1 serial interface realized via SA-Adapter, e.g. RS232 or RS422, isolated or not, IBIS, GPS
- For functions like Wi-Fi, WIMAX, GSM/GPRS, UMTS
- PCI Express and USB interface
- Accessible via, e.g., a reverse SMA connector
- 48 VDC nom. (28.8..67.2 V), 35 W according to EN 50155
- 72 VDC nom. (43.2..100.8 V), 35 W according to EN 50155
- 110 VDC nom. (66..154 V), 35 W according to EN 50155
- The product concept is very flexible, there are many other configuration possibilities.
- Please contact our sales team if you do not find your required function in the options.
- Some of these options may only be available for large volumes.
MDIS5 low level driver sources (MEN) for XC2 PSU Control via SMBus (also used in DC1, DC2, SC21)
MDIS5 System (and Device Driver) Package (MEN) for Linux. This software package includes most standard device drivers available from MEN.
For a Linux driver package supporting the Micrel KSZ8842-PMQLI Ethernet controller used in the XC2 and the DC1, please refer to www.micrel.com/index.php/en/products/lan-solutions/controllers/article/15-ksz8842-pmql.html. We highly recommend a kernel newer than 2.6.32.
Windows XP Embedded BSP (MEN) for F11S, F14, F15, F17, F18, F19P, F21P, G20, XM1, XM1L, XM2, MM1, MM2, DC1, DC2, DC13, RC1, BC50I, BC50M, BL50W and BL50S
Windows Embedded Standard 7 BSP
Windows Installset (MEN) for XM1, XM1L, DC1, DC2 and SC21.
For a Windows driver package supporting the Micrel KSZ8842-PMQLI Ethernet controller used in the XC2 and the DC1, please refer to www.micrel.com/index.php/en/products/lan-solutions/controllers/article/15-ksz8842-pmql.html.
Intel software development products such as analyzers, compilers, threading tools etc. can be downloaded under www.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/index.htm.
IA-32 Intel Architecture Software Developer's Manuals are available under www.intel.com/products/processor/manuals/index.htm.
Modular 19-inch systems like 3U CompactPCI or CompactPCI Serial are ideal for passenger information solutions in transportation applications.