F211 - Quad Fast Ethernet Interface Board
The F211 is a single Eurocard CompactPCI networking controller with four Fast Ethernet channels.
- Four 10/100Base-TX interfaces
- Four Micrel KSZ8841 controllers
- IEEE802.3x support
- Full-duplex flow control
- Half-duplex back pressure collision flow control
- Internal 8KB RX/TX FIFO buffers
- Auto-negotiation and auto MDIX crossover
- LinkMD cable diagnostics to determine cable length, cable faults and distance to fault
- Media Access Control (MAC) addresses stored in onboard serial EEPROMs
- 4x2 status LEDs to signal link status, activity, speed and collision
- Compliance with CompactPCI Core Specification PICMG 2.0 R3.0
- Peripheral slot
- 32-bit/33-MHz PCI-to-PCI bridge
- V(I/O): +3.3V or +5V (Universal Board)
- Isolation voltage: 1000V between Ethernet links and 1500V between Ethernet links and shield or ground
- Supply voltage/power consumption:
- +3.3V (-3%/+5%), 1A max.
- MTBF: 875,481h @ 40°C according to IEC/TR 62380 (RDF 2000)
- Dimensions: conforming to CompactPCI specification for 3U boards
- Weight: 115g (standard version)
- Temperature range (operation):
- Airflow: min. 10m³/h
- Temperature range (storage): -40..+85°C
- Relative humidity (operation): max. 95% non-condensing
- Relative humidity (storage): max. 95% non-condensing
- Altitude: -300m to + 3,000m
- Shock: 15g/11ms
- Bump: 10g/16ms
- Vibration (sinusoidal): 2g/10..150Hz
- Drivers for Linux and Windows from Micrel
- Driver for QNX from QNX
- For more information on supported operating system versions and drivers see Software.
- 4 Ethernet channels on 4 D-Sub connectors, 2-slot front panel (8 HP)
- 4 Ethernet channels on 2 D-Sub connectors (shared), 1-slot front panel (4 HP)
- 4 Ethernet channels on 4 M12 receptacle connectors, 2-slot front panel (8 HP)
4 100Base-T Ethernet interfaces, 4 RJ45 connectors at front, -40..+85°C with qualified components
For a Linux driver package supporting the Micrel KSZ8841 Ethernet controller, please refer to www.micrel.com/_PDF/Ethernet/sw_designkit/8841P/ks884x-linux-20090601.bz2. We highly recommend a kernel newer than 2.6.32.
Windows Ethernet driver for F211/F302 (Micrel KSZ8841 MAC) with option to disable hardware checksumming
For a QNX 6.3.0SP3 and QNX 6.3.2 driver package supporting the Micrel KSZ8841 Ethernet controller, please refer to the latest QNX network driver update: www.qnx.com/download/feature.html?programid=17094. The devn-micrel8841.so driver integrated there supports the F211 Ethernet controller.
Starting from QNX 6.4 this driver is directly included in the distribution.