F216 - High-Speed Octal UART Interface Board
3U CompactPCIThis product has been discontinued.
The F216 is an octal UART I/O board based on 3U CompactPCI. Two UART controllers provide four full-duplex serial channels each.
- Eight RS232/RS422/RS485 UARTs
- Default at start-up: RS422, can be customized through non-volatile state saver
- Two 16Z125_UART controllers with four UARTs each
- Data rates:
- Up to 921,600 bit/s with RS422/RS485
- Up to 230,400 bit/s with RS232
- 60-byte transmit/receive buffer
- Handshake lines: full support with RS232
- Full-duplex operation with RS422, half-duplex operation with RS485
- Isolation between channels: 500V
- Accessible on front-panel 78-pin D-Sub connector
- One status LED to signal FPGA configuration (UARTs ready)
- Three user LEDs, FPGA-controlled by 16Z034_GPIO controller
- Compliance with CompactPCI Core Specification PICMG 2.0 R3.0
- Peripheral slot
- V(I/O): +3.3V (+5V tolerant)
- +5V (-3%/+5%), 430mA
- +3.3V (-3%/+5%), 170mA
- Dimensions: conforming to CompactPCI specification for 3U boards
- Front panel: 4HP with ejector
- Weight: 182g
- Temperature range (operation):
- Airflow: min. 1m/s
- Temperature range (storage): -40..+85°C
- Relative humidity (operation): max. 95% non-condensing
- Relative humidity (storage): max. 95% non-condensing
- Altitude: -300m to + 3,000m
- Shock: 15g/11ms
- Bump: 10g/16ms
- Vibration (sinusoidal): 2g/10..150Hz
- Driver software for Windows, Linux, VxWorks, QNX
- For more information on supported operating system versions and drivers see Software.
Linux native driver (MEN) for 16Z025_UART, 16Z057_UART and 16Z125_UART
The MDIS5 system package includes most standard device drivers for Linux available from MEN.
Windows Installset (MEN) for F216
Windows Embedded Standard 7 BSP
MDIS5 System (and Device Driver) Package (MEN) for VxWorks. This software package includes most standard device drivers available from MEN.
MDIS4/2004 system (and device driver) package (MEN) for QNX, source code. This software package includes most standard device drivers available from MEN.
QNX 6.5 native driver (MEN) for 16Z025_UART and 16Z125_UART
QNX 6.4 native driver (MEN) for 16Z025_UART and 16Z125_UART
QNX 6.3 native driver (MEN) for 16Z025_UART and 16Z125_UART