M72 - Mezzanine Card with Motion Counter
The M72 is an M-Module with 4 cascadable 32-bit counter units supporting timer, counter and comparator functions. It is designed for industrial automation, medical computers, in-vehicle computers, and embedded computers in transportation.
- 4 independent cascadable 32-bit counters<br />2 comparators per counter<br />Quadrature incremental encoder interface<br />Pulse width/frequency measurement<br />Multimode event generation<br />Customized counter modes via FPGA<br />RS422 or TTL or 24V<br />Optical isolation<br />-40 to +85°C screened versions
- 32-bit up/down counter
- Two 32-bit comparators
- One 32-bit preload register
- Clock frequency 40MHz
- Single count
- 1x quadrature, 2x quadrature, 4x quadrature
- Frequency measurement
- Pulse width "high", pulse width "low"
- Period measurement, timer
- 3 inputs for each counter
- RS422, TTL or 24V input
- Timing characteristics for the different modes:
- Single count: t high > 200ns; t low > 200ns
- Quadrature: time between two active edges (t edges > 400ns)
- Frequency measurement: gating time 10ms, < 2.5MHz
- Pulse width: t high or t low > 15µs
- Period: t high or t low > 15µs, internal frequency 2.5MHz
- Synchronization of input signals with onboard clock (40MHz)
- Input debouncing time: 100ns
- RS422 input characteristics: see user manual
- TTL input characteristics:
- Uin < 0.5V = "low"
- Uin > 2.2V = "high"
- Uin max. = 12V
- Max. input current: ±5mA
- 24V input characteristics:
- Uin < 1V = "low"
- Uin > 10V = "high"
- Uin max. = 30V
- Max. input current: ±10mA
- Max. frequency measurement: 500kHz
- 4 TTL outputs (optically isolated)
- Output current:
- High current: 10mA
- Low current: 15mA
- Isolation voltage: 500V DC
- Supply voltage/power consumption: +5V (4.85V..5.25V), 550mA
- MTBF: 70,000h @ 50°C (derived from MIL-HDBK-217F)
- Dimensions: conforming to M-Module Standard
- Weight: 100g
- Temperature range (operation):
- Industrial temperature range on request
- Airflow: min. 10m³/h
- Temperature range (storage): -40..+85°C
- Relative humidity (operation): max. 95% non-condensing
- Relative humidity (storage): max. 95% non-condensing
- Altitude: -300m to + 3,000m
- Shock: 15g/11ms
- Bump: 10g/16ms
- Vibration (sinusoidal): 2g/10..150Hz
- MEN Driver Interface System (MDIS for Windows, Linux, VxWorks, QNX, OS-9)
- For more information on supported operating system versions and drivers see Software.
4 x 32-bit motion counter, 0..+60°C
4x 32-bit motion counter, -40..+85°C screened